I am a qualified accredited Counsellor and Supervisor who works with individuals, couples, parents, adolescents and students.
- Masters Degree in Group Facilitation from University College Cork (UCC)
- Diploma in General Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision and Reflective Practice
- Professional qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Professional qualification in Family Counselling
- Fully accredited member of both the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) and the Addiction Counsellors of Ireland (ACI), both as a Counsellor and Supervisor
Over the past 14 years I have worked with both young people and their families in a HSE-funded centre serving adolescents coping with substance misuse and behavioural issues.
In my private practice of over 20 years, I have helped people to successfully manage many of life's issues such as:
- Sexual abuse
- Anger management
- Trauma in its many forms
- Domestic violence
- Relationship breakdown
- Panic attacks
- Suicidal ideation
- Work and career challenges
- Personal growth and development
I am also a guest lecturer in UCC in the areas of child protection, group facilitation, and working with adolescents and families.
I have vast experience of working with young people in the Education System having spent time working with the Vocational Education Committee.
I have over 10 years experience of supervising both pre- and post-graduates from many different disciplines.
- Addiction Studies
- Communication Skills
- Personal Development
- Therapeutic Crises Intervention Training
- Strengthening Families Programme
- John Powell, Self Awareness Programme
- Mindfulness Facilitation
- Louise L Hay